Trustworthy. On-Time. Worry-Free. Always.
Ductwork Installation, Cleaning, & Repair in the Tampa Bay
The Importance of Proper Ductwork
Having a properly functioning AC unit will only take you so far. Without proper ductwork to accompany a functioning AC unit, your house won’t be cooled and filtered properly.
Furthermore, ductwork that is leaky can result in a higher electricity bill each month. When we talk about ductwork, the main effect it has on the AC system as a whole is efficiency.
Good Ductwork = Great Efficiency That Saves Energy and Keeps Your AC Unit From Overworking
Poor Ductwork = Bad Efficiency That Costs You More Electricity and Overworks Your AC Unit Just to Properly Cool Your Home.
At B&B, we’ve been doing cleaning, repair, and installation of ductwork for residential and commercial customers for over 25 years, and we’re proud of the reputation we’ve built around town.
Issues We Typically See With Ductwork
- Sealing – improper or broken down sealing can cause lots of air to leak out of your ductwork into places where it doesn’t need to be like the crawlspace.
- Layout & Sizing – if the layout of the ductwork system isn’t optimal, for many technical reasons, your AC system will be less efficient and waste energy.
- Return Ducts – if the return ducts are inadequate, in poor condition, improperly placed, or too small or too large, your AC units will have to work harder than they are supposed to – and as a result, you’ll have more wear and tear on the units and a higher electric bill.
Air Duct Cleaning
Over time, air ducts become dirty. They collect dust, debris, pathogens, mold, and other allergens. Yes, the very vents that allow air to travel to each room of your house are frequently dirty and full of allergens and other particles that can make breathing uncomfortable and damage the human respiratory system over prolonged exposure.
This is the nature of AC system ductwork – it gets dirty over time.
Even bugs and vermin (including their droppings) can live inside your air ducts. Mold spores can be spread around the house through air ducts. It really is a breeding space for things you do not want to be breathing into your lungs.
Here is how cleaning works…
First, we inspect the ducts in your home to see how dirty they are and to find any leaks or problems areas for proper air flow.
Second, we do a heavy duty vacuuming of the air ducts in your home. We use negative pressure by sealing the vacuum against the air handler so that we get a strong force to pull out all the unwanted particles mentioned above from the ducts. We seal all the ducts around the house to create the negative pressure to force everything out of the ducts. We also uses other types of electric brushes, brooms, vacuums, and tools to remove all the unwanted material from the ducts.
We also check for other problem areas like leaks or seals that have come loose or are malfunctioning.
We’ve been doing ductwork for over 25 years in the Tampa Bay metro. Please give us a call if you have any questions!
Air Duct Repair
There are three main problems we see with ducts that warrant repairs…
- Improper Insulation (wastes energy, causes temperature uneven throughout the house)
- Poor Duct Design (allowing some rooms to get too hot, while others get too cold)
We’ve been doing duct repairs for over 25 years in the Tampa Bay metro. Our reputation is one of honesty and putting the customer first… Always.
Please give B&B a call if you are having issues with your ductwork.